Police who tailgate suck really bad. It sucks on several levels.
- It is distracting to have someone a foot away from your back bumper.
- It worse when someone a foot off your back bumper who is supposed to respect the law.
- It’s even worse still if that person is supposed to enforce the law.
- It’s even worse when that person is an officer who can pull you over, harass you, fine you or worse.
- It pisses people off that police would be so unsafe. Protect ?
- It pisses people off that they would do something so jerky. Serve?
- It pisses people off that they have no problem w/ breaking a law they would pull you over for in a second.
- It makes cops look bad
Police need to stop tailgating and breaking traffic laws. It’s counter to their job description and it is an asshole move. Plus, it only adds to the fantastic reputation they have since the age of the internet and mobile video. The stacks of videos and stories of police misconduct do not need a side of tailgate.